I am hands-down the biggest baby when it comes to being sick. All I want to do is lay in bed or on the couch and be waited on hand and foot. I want someone to bring me something magical and delicious to eat that will make my throat feel better and my head stop hurting. I want to drink a special tea which will make me instantly feel better.
Every time I get sick I google every possible home remedy to soothe sore throats and try as many as I can and none ever have the magical effect on my sickness that I want them to.
So far today I’ve tried:
- chicken soup – obviously the tried and true cold remedy but I just wanted matzo balls with it and we didn’t have any
- tea – I just don’t really like tea to be quite honest and I always get bored of drinking it
- lozenges – tried a million kinds, they all only work for a little and they taste terrible
- lemon and honey – drinking it now, no long lasting effects. when I cough my throat hurts a million times worse
- gargling salt water – I’ve never drowned so I can’t say this for certain but I’m pretty sure gargling salt water is what it would feel like to start to drown in the ocean
Being sick may have made me a little cranky. Tomorrow I’m going to the store to buy matzo ball mix, popsicles, and instant mashed potatoes. Maybe those will make me feel better and if not at least I get to eat more.
I just want to feel better!
p.s. here’s a picture of a cute kitty to make up for my sick baby post